Olive oil spray (or canola oil spray)
1 1/2 cups carrot, grated
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 TBSP cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup calcium-fortified 100% pure orange juice
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°; spray muffin pan with cooking oil spray.
- Shred carrots and set aside.
- Combine flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, cinnamon and sea salt in a bowl and mix.
- Add egg, orange juice and applesauce to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in carrots and coconut until blended.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins, filling until 2/3 full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until browned.