Children and staff at A-C Central Junior-Senior High School in Cass County were evacuated because of a possible chemical spill this morning.
According to our reporting partners at WICS ABC Newschannel 20, fire officials were called to the building in Ashland just after 10:00 this morning for a report of an unidentified smell. Officials identified the smell as a chemical leak in the shop area.
The building was evacuated for a short period of time, and students returned to class. No one was injured during the incident.