Reports indicate it was at 305 Washington Street.
Jacksonville Fire Captain Beth Kershaw says the two-story home was owned and lived at by Paul Boyd. He and several other occupants reportedly got out of the house ok after smelling smoke.
Kershaw says the fire started downstairs near a back stairway area and spread to the second floor and attic. The fire department was called at around 2 a.m. after a passerby noticed flames coming out of the east side of the house. Kershaw says it’s undetermined how the fire started at this time.
Kershaw says the house suffered heavy smoke, fire and water damage.
Crews were on scene until around 4:30 this morning.