Fire did about $20,000 to $25,000 worth of damage to an east-side Jacksonville business last night.
It happened at the Lahey Machine building at 107 South Johnson Street. Jacksonville firefighters responded shortly before 9 p.m. to find fire burning above the overhead door in the front of the building before it worked its way across the ceiling.
Fire Captain Bryan Nyberg says firefighters were able to put out the fire quickly, but had to strip some metal off the ceiling to get to burning insulation.
Nyberg says there was no damage to equipment.
Nyberg says the fire appeared to be electrical in origin. He says shop employees hope to be back open quickly and are cleaning up this morning.
The South Jacksonville Fire Department was called in to assist. Crews were on scene for about two hours.