Earlier this afternoon, The Jacksonville and South Jacksonville Fire Departments were called to assist with and, within a short amount of time, extinguished a garage fire in the 300 block of East College Street.
The fire did not spread to the home, which is adjacent to the garage that was on fire but is not directly connected.
Mike Griffitts is a Captain with the Jacksonville Fire Department. Griffitts explains the situation and how the Fire Department resolved this issue.
“Received page at approximately 1:30 p.m. for the Jacksonville Fire Department in the 300 block of East College for a structure fire that consisted of a three-car garage. With assistance from the South Jacksonville Fire Department, emergency personnel found a three-car garage structure heavily involved with smoke and fire. Fire was under control within 15 minutes, crews were on scene for approximately an hour and a half for a total fire investigation. A potential cause of the fire that was found in the remnants of the incident is an electrical stove.”
There were no injuries reported as a result of this fire.