A donation from the family of a long-time nursing director has been made to Passavant Area Hospital.
According to a press release, a contribution of $2,200 was made in honor of Gertrude Hohmann, who worked at the hospital from 1952-1972.
While Hohmann was employed at Passavant, the hospital’s school of nursing grew from 13 to 90 students. The school obtained accreditation by the National League of Nursing in 1952, an honor that the school still maintains.
The funds will be used for student nursing education, medical surgical nursing certification exams and would ostomy continence nursing certifications.