Cooking with Mary 7/19/17
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 Servings
- 8 oz thinly sliced roast beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 6 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- In a large sauté pan over low-medium heat, add butter, olive oil, garlic, mushrooms onions and a little salt and pepper.
- Sauté until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized – About 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes. Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese. Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown. (You may want to pre-bake the peppers for about 10 minutes while the meat mixture is cooking if you like a softer pepper)
Per Serving – Calories: 458 | Fat: 36g | Protein: 27g | Net Carbs: 8.5g